I set up UnlokQ after almost 20 years in big corporate IT, and seeing a LOT of mistakes. My goal being to guide business owners and their IT staff away from those same mistakes.
My experience of software vendors and managed service providers is 2-fold;
- They have an agenda that may not be in the best interest of their customers.
- Choices of products and approaches are artificially limited
The approach that I use comes from consulting first principles;
- Understand the REAL problem
- Understand the context of the problem, how it affects business strategy
- Understand the principles of the wider business - whether it is to Save Money, Grow Money or Make New Money
- Understand all scenarios and the solutions that could apply
And a delivery approach that allows for rapid execution;
- Objectively balance competing priorities of initiatives and stakeholders, using quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Communicate constantly and maintain general direction.
- Course correct as new information becomes available
Executives are struggling with developing and executing strategy that enables their companies to focus on their greatest strengths and gain a competitive advantage Successful companies need an IT leader to make tough choices about how to use technology and where to focus their IT investments. With so many options in cloud computing, cybersecurity, specialised software, and other operational services, a winning strategy is essential.
Working from home doesn’t have to be the cause of anxiety. Just remove some of the false boundaries that your office has created
There may not be a better time to [re-]define your organisational purpose, as you find yourself having to re-assess your supply chain resilience